christmas

I'm thankful for sub for santa. I'm worried however because they got one outfit each and they need clothes so badly,they need socks shoes underwear coats and pants. I don't know who to turn to for help we are gonna literally have no christmas for the kids I had to give my kids their clothes early cause they have holes in their clothes they were wearing to school. My kids aren't babies they are all 9 yrs old and up. Does anyone have any suggestion? I have bad credit so I can't get a loan and everyone in my family is dirt poor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• Awww!!! Maybe try some thrift stores or Goodwill. I have went there plenty of times for my babies.
    Kids outgrow clothes so fast, too!! If you can't come up with anything it is not the end of the world...

Its being together that counts!!! Not all about the gifts!!! Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yep I would head to Goodwill.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• are your local radio stations doing anything? they have this christmas wish program here in alabama and i nominated a family they got $500 in gift cards
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Look and see if you have a goodwill outlet near you. They are sooooo cheap. Everything sells by the pound. You could get a whole sack of clothes for $5. For toys, look into Toys for Tots. Not sure if it's too late to sign up (I doubt it) but it is really easy. Kids have to be 14 & under & would get two toys a piece. Also check and see if your local boys and girls club is doing anything. Churches too. Good luck!!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Try a local church cause they do things like that for the holidays to keep families in need. Sometimes even your local businesses will help families as well and also food banks Have programs. Local schools chose families to help out and all you sometimes have to do is write a note and explain why in need. If all else fails then places like goodwill and just cheap things like socks, gloves, etc. Maybe if can find someone to sew things for you cheap might be another way to go. Just hang in there.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• do you have "christchild" in your area? i work in a charter school - we do uniforms and christchild gives most of the clothes to the kids. very few of our parents CAN buy them... so look into local charities (i am from ohio)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010