How to get my son to sleep when he is suppose to?

He is autistic and doesnt sleep very much but it seem like he wants to sleep form 2 am to noon what do i do?? I cant keep going on no sleep i have to get up for work at 4 am

he is 3 and my other child is early to bed early to rise and is on a regular schedule but he doesnt seem to follow it he doesnt take naps anymore and and when he wants to i kindof find something for him to do hoping that he would go to sleep earlier but it doesnt seem to work.

honey_bear_2787

Asked by honey_bear_2787 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old is he?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think this is probably a terrible suggestion but can he take a sleep aid? Maybe just to help him get on a better sleep schedule?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lots of milk before bed?
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 2:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would talk to his doctor and see what can be done to adjust his sleep schedule. Since he has Autism you may want to gradually make the changes. (my son is Autistic and he gets upset if his routine is suddenly changed). example- if he goes to bed at midnight don't suddenly put him to bed at 8pm. Each day move the bedtime 10 minutes earlier until you get to 8pm.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ask his doctor about Melatonin. Its with the vitamins at wal mart. I give it to my grandson. I have custody of him and he has bipolar disorder as well as other things. His doc. is the one that told me about it. good luck
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 3:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010