Why is it that I have been with my man for 4 years and we have a 2 year old and I'm not really to get married. I don't plan on leaving Im just not really to get married

MsHurt

Asked by MsHurt at 2:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Not everyone is hardwired to want to be married.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have never understood this. When WILL you be ready? If I were him I would be very offended.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Melbornj, who's anyone to say that the OP ever needs to get married?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• is it just me or is this getting more and more and more and MOOORRREEE common? I think you need to really evalute why you arent ready to get married. Burnt in the past? didnt grow up with good role models of marriage? etc etc.
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• How is marriage different than sharing a home and family?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree, UpSheRises. They seem to have a stable and functional relationship as-is. How is a marriage license going to change that?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was with my husband for 5 years before we were married and I still wasn't sure i NEEDED to get married, but I love being married - its a person to person feeling = who cares - if you aren't ready, don't get married - if you are, then get married.. as long as you are happy and in love and good around your babies -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• if you dont want to commit to that person and be with them for the rest of your life than you need 2 move on jmo .
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• whats the point in being w/ them? there no point so basically the relationship is meaning less
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There is something stopping you and you don't know what but follow your gut. Even if you have kids, it's no reason to get married but then you have to examine why because it may also be a reason for you not to be with him and let him go to find someone that does want to fill that spot for and with him. Don't be selfish.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010