OMG! Bugs!

I just heard this buzzing and looked up and there's a WASP in my living room! I thought they kind of died out or migrated or something during the winter? I've never seen one in December before and it's been below zero here a few times this week. I'm kind of freaked out now lol. Anyone had weird bug issues lately?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well we had wasps living in my attic. So please make sure you do not have a nest of them in your house.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• we had a weird infestation of lady bugs lol
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Flies! Tons of flies! I was letting some bannanas ripen on the counter for bread and every since then they have been an issue. I've had to bleach everything in my kitchen and by some fly paper but they are finally starting to go away.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nah, the house is nest free, we've checked (because we always end up with a few in the house in late summer, we check inside and out for nests). Jeez I'd prefer lady bugs to stink bugs and wasps lol. We had like 200 stink bugs invade our house this fall. It was horrible. I'd walk to the sink to wash dishes and have to bleach everything because a stink bug (or 4) would be dead in my dishes or in the water. *Shivers* I'm not really afraid of bugs, but they annoy the crap out of me and occasionally freak me out.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had an infestation of Asian Beetle (they look like lady bugs but they are larger and orange) they get into the wood of the house and lay their eggs there. Since we had bombed our house the ones that hatched or got in all died. I'm still vacuuming up dead asian beetles. I've done the basement twice and I have to do it again I have over 200 or more dead, so if you do that times the previous two times that I have vacuumed the same amount or more and then you add all the other rooms.... yeah it's awful!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• OMG I had that same problem with the flies! We got them last summer and this summer and there's just now starting to go away this year. I bleach everything daily.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Just Lady bugs at my house, they are everywhere
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Not having a proble with bugs so much.... but with mice yikes! This is the first year I have noticed them in the house and they just don't want to go away.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Spiders!!! They were awful when we first moved in....theyre hudge! Giant wolf spiders! I dont see them too often any more, my house was empty for a long time before we moved in and we sprayed the hell out of it and bombed it...still get random bugs that creep me the hell out! But not nearly as bad as the first two-three days!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• do u have a nest in your attic or something?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010