Pulling hair out...

How do I stop my 22 m/o from pulling her hair out? She has beautiful curly hair but, is nearly bald on the right side. She has no other issues.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 2:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make her wear mittens 24/7
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Have you spoken to her Dr.?

Are you sure she is actually pulling it out? Sometimes when children sleep on the same side of thier head every night the hair on that side becomes very thin.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My daughter went through that phase as well. She's four now and doesn't do it anymore (hasn't for a long time). But I couldn't tell you how we got her to stop, she just did. Some days I would make her pony tails tighter... but I can't say that even really worked.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would take baby girl to the dr. My 2 year old pulls on hers only when she is extremely tired. Bless the poor baby, that has to be painful.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's a phase. They say that some babies even toddlers feel like they don't have control over there environment so they may pull their hair, the same as if someone were bitingtheir nails. My son does it also when he's nervous.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Insurance isn't active until Jan 1 so, we have to wait on the doctor.
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My daughter twirls her hair into knots on the top of her head....really frustrating. I agree with brooklynohlordy...try mittens or socks on her hands. Or when you see her doing it distract her with something else. Might just be a nervous tic thing...my nephew scratches his face when nervous and sometimes makes it bleed.
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know she is pulling it out because I see her pulling it out and it is notisibly thinned out where she pulls it. I try to distract her sometimes it works and sometimes she just goes out of the room to pull it out. It is frustrating... UGH!!!
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010