26 wks & in a lot of pain.. unsure what to do

Ive been having horrible back pain, hardly able to move(last night was awful, today is a LOT better w/ the pains) & also a lot of pain in my pelvic region. The baby is positioned strange I think, & he is REALLY low. I went to the store yesterday, w/ my two little girls, & dropped to the floor twice because my pelvic pain was so severe. I know pains are normal... but when is it to the point where its not normal?

I have been thinking about calling my doctor, but I know all they will say is to rest & call if it gets worse.. Its gotten better since last night, but I feel it getting worse the more I move so im kinda unsure what to do. I just plan on getting through it.. or should I still double check w/ the doctor? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc and see if they can get you in to check you out, this doesn't sound like normal pregnancy aches and pains to me.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had this with BOTH my kids... lasted about 24-36 hours..... Turns out it was when they were turning around to get thier head dropped down, happend around the 6-7 month mark with both, and IT WAS PAINFUL. Doc said thats all it was though, baby doin flips and he aint got much room lol
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nothing can replace your doctors professional opinion but it sounds like doing less will really help. I'm 20 weeks and dread the sleepless nights. I just try some calming tea before bed and positioning my pillows right. If it would make you feel better to actually get checked out by your doc then insist on it!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• those symptoms sound too much like labor to me - pelvic and back pain? yeah i would insist on getting the ob to check me. some ppl go into early labor around that many weeks and the outcome varies greatly but if they catch it fast they can stop the labor... please go see your doc. before the weekend!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would rest. As you said it did help over night so maybe longer it would get better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Go see your doc hun. If it's bad enough that you can't even grocery shop without having major issues then maybe there's something he or she can do for you. Good Luck! I hope it gets better.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had pains like that with my son most of the time. If its any help to you. Every thing was fine with both of us. GL
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010