confused adult content

i love being a mom. i have a beautifuk baby boy 2 months old. i dnt get my mood swings. i love him more than anything yet at the same time im not even sure how i feel. inside my head im screaming. i wake in the morning in the best mood. ready for a new day and everything. aa part of me thinks its just stress and i need to suck it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It might be PPD. Talk to your OB so you can get a referral to a therapist to talk about it with someone trained in how to deal with it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Your just a teeny tiny bit overwhelmed, don't sweat it girl, happens to the best of us;) Talk to your doc
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• your hormones still are going nuts but it also could be PPD - be open and honest and try to tackle this now before some bad thoughts come in
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It could be a few different things, PPD like a pp stated, could be maybe you aren't getting enough sleep, maybe you aren't getting enough help so you can de-stress or relax. Babies take a lot of energy, and I'm sure you're not alone in these feelings. I've definitely been there. I'd suggest talking to your doctor to rule out something like PPD, and then try to find a little time for yourself somewhere. If someone can help you for even an hour, so you can read a book or take a walk to de-stress for a short time. Still with my kids at 12 & 16 I need a break during the day, and I typically find that at about 10pm when I can lay in bed and read or watch a movie.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's probably PPD.

Answer by louise2 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You're life is a lot different than it was two moths ago...right?

Thats pretty stressful. Maybe you need some meds to get you over the hump, maybe you just need a little more time to adjust. I read a book called Misconceptions by Naomi Wolf...it helped me sort out those conflicting feelings.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• hormones changing. it will calm down

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I will be very honest - I have never said this to anyone. At one point I thought about leaving my DH and my DD and moving out of state. I am a very independent person and we planned out pregnancy but I didn't know how much my life would change. So one night after getting really overwhelmed and frustrated I left my DH and DD at home and went for a ride. For a minute I wished that I could just walk away and then I thought about what I needed to do to make things better.
    I never left ( I probably never would have) but I looked at our situation and made a plan on how we could make things better - I talked with my DH and we made a plan. Sometimes the best thing is to figure out what is making you feel like this and than making a plan on how you can change it.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 4:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010