Did you get pregnant while using spermicide?

I came across an article today, that said if you conceive while using spermicide, it can increase your chances of having a girl. Testing this this theory...Did you conceive while using spermicide? Did you have a boy or girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• .... I thought spermicide was supposed to help "prevent" pregnancy. Am I wrong?
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Gnome you're not wrong
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It is supposed to prevent pregancy but it is not 100%, just like every other birth control.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The article says that male sperm move faster than female. So male sperm reaches the spermicide at your cervix before the female sperm. Also the female sperm can live 2 days longer than male sperm. Spermicide also changes the alkalinity and acidity in your vagina. So the theory suggests that the male sperm is killed 1st and the slower females have a better chance of surviving. Once the spermicide has wore off, the remaining sperm (IF any) can continue their journey =) The acidity and alkalinity levels also are in the girls favor.

Anyway...Im just curious if anyone has got pregnant using it, and what was the sex of their baby? I am pregnant right now and I conceived while using it. I used the foam for 6 months, then switched to the capsule form. 2 weeks later I missed my period!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010