when things are going well...

So when things are going well for DH and I (like we haven't fought in a few weeks), I do get alittle uneasy. Like something could be looming for our marriage to destroy it. We've had some rough times. But lately he has been kind, thoughtful, and considerate. I just worry. So I bring up things that I think could become an issue but aren't really. Why can't I just sit still and accept when things are good? And stop worrying. How do I do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Just breathe!!! I had many, many toxic relationships before I met DH. He sometimes still seems to good to be true and we have been married 4 years, at first I kept waiting for things to fall apart...but so far they have'nt, I have learned to accept the fact that I have a good man, so if these are your circumstances just breathe and enjoy
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• sounds like a destructive marriage from the start so maybe your insticts are just telling you something you dont wanna hear?
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 3:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sounds like you need to keep up your efforts to keep happy marriage even when things are going good never waiver snd they will stay good.
    cnm5381no2

Answer by cnm5381no2 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know how you feel. When my SO had the affair/relationship last year, we were getting along great and I was doing amazing in school and he just decided to go out and fuck it all up for us and me. Derailed my schooling completely. Now, I'm thinking about starting school again and it's already the nursing program so it will be intense and I told him, "my biggest worry is that I jump head first into this and you decide to go fuck with my life again", all he can say is "don't think that way, it won't happen again, I've learned my lesson and I don't ever want to hurt you like that again", to which I respond "but when you did it last time you knew it was wrong and you knew I would get hurt but you still did it", he just keeps repeating the above. I live my entire life these days in unrest and headache.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010