My son has had strep thorat they pu thim on meds which he has not finished yet and he is till coughing and this morning he threw up his allgrey meds right after takeing them he has no fever yet and i choul dnot get him into docot office till monday any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• He might have mono which they will test for when you take him back and there isn't much they can do but let it run it's course. I've known people to be sick for a month or more but there isn't any meds (maybe pain) that they can give. I hope he feels better soon! In the mean time make sure he is well hydrated and rests when he can, and you can give him Tylenol to help with any discomfort he might be in.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Oh, since it's the weekend just let him rest and sleep and relax. If he has sports or any weekend activities I would keep him out of them just so he can use these days to rest and recover.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• thank you how in the world woul dhe have got that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• he goes to his nana's on weekends but she has to wrk all weekend so he will be at home with me why his brother goes to nana's she get him after school on weekends
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's called the "kissing" disease because a lot of teens get it by well, kissing. If I remember correctly it is spread by saliva. The person who has it might not even know and just be a carrier. I'm a carrier so I do not share drinks or food with any one. I don't want it and I don't want to accidentally give it to someone.
    (I don't know how old he is) but he could have shared a glass with someone, or food. If he goes to school then that is an easy place to get it. Swapping drinks and sharing snacks.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• he is only 4 my oldest son is 10 its the 4 year old who is sick
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Probably has mono. When My son had strep throat...after 2 days of antibotics he was fine.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• he was getting better started sounding rough yesterday let me jus tsya he has strep thorat once a month and his doc has to refer him to a ear nose and thorat doc
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Keep trying ot get his meds in him, but if he gets bad take him to urgent care.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• here our urgant care closes at 5 we would have to go to the er
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010