Question about epidural!!

My sister said that they won't give me my epi if I'm dialated over 3cm. Is that true????

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• That is False. It really depends on how FAST you are dilating. I was 4 when I got mine. I had to wait longer because I was induced and there was no one that would listen to my plea's of misery!! lol
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• False. I was 4 and got it.
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• but that was almost 10 years ago... lol
    softchick21

• I don't know about epidurals, but when are you going to have that baby? I thought I saw that you were going into labor a few nights ago?
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• False. BUT it depends on that hospital's policy.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No that's not true, I was 8 cms when I got mine because my damn nurse kept pushing it on me. The only reason I ever heard that you couldn't get one is if you're over 8 cms and your labor is going quick.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 6:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No, I think she might have meant that they wont give you your epi UNTIL you're 3cm. I'm worried about not getting mine though because after laboring for 2 days with my daughter I went from a 1 1/2 to a 10 with 2+station in less than 20 mins. lol...BELIEVE ME, I'm not trying to do this naturally!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my dr. won't do it if you are over 7 cm
    nkasmom

Answer by nkasmom at 8:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• FALSE, Kabbot is right, she probably meant UNTIL you are 3cm. It's best to wait until you are in the "active" phase of labor before getting one. =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nope she said "you better make sure you get to the hospital fast because it will suck if you're over 3cm cuz they WON'T give it to you."
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008