What is the most important thing you want to pass on to your kids?

Meaning morals, values ect. Mine is my faith, salvation through Jesus Christ and the knowledge that they are loved for who they are.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Personal strength. I want her to stand up for what is right and just and to be able to face down fear, sadness, and pain that is part of the growing we go through in life. If she has this strength, she can maintain her faith, values, and her joy in times of adversity and triumph.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I have a daughter and for me it is being as strong as a woman as you can be. Holding your head up in the face of adversity. Also the importance of education and that it is okay to be yourself,you don't have to fit in with the crowd. Its okay to be different.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Great answer!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I like this question. I have a daughter and I want her to believe in herself, think for herself, question things, make sound decisions based on sound principles and values, but be happy with who she is!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm having a daughter, and I want her to grow up to be FABULOUS, but with a level head, a good heart, a great sense of style, a college education, and tolerance for every race and every religion, no matter what she chooses to practice herself.

I basically want to right all the wrongs my mom had with me xP Haha!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• respect.
    shanndarr

Answer by shanndarr at 1:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I want to teach him the importance of family. To teach him the value of money, and how hard it can be to get it. That he can do anything he puts his mind to. Faith in the Lord.

But not necessarily in that order.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• LOVE. pure and simple
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 1:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I want my children to have a clear understanding of the importance held in being accountable for his/her own decisions. Society has made it too easy for us to blame others for our own shortcomings. When you can accept responsibility for your own mistakes you can work to fix them and in turn better yourself and work toward becoming a better person. When someone never finds fault in their own actions they are denying that there is a problem to be fixed. Living with the luxury of never having to accept responsibility for your own faults never earned anyone respect. I want my children to be strong adults and I think the first step to becoming a strong, respectable person is to be big enough to take responsibility for your own mistakes.

In turn, don't be too modest about your accomplishments either. Take credit when it is yours to accept and give credit to others when it is their success to be proud of.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i want my daughter to have a relationship with God that she would grow to trust and love Him...that she knows that her family will always be there for her no matter what... I want her to know that she Is always to be respected and to respect others.
    kwalsh

Answer by kwalsh at 5:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008