how would this make you feel?

your best friend said to you " Dont you get sick of doing mom and wife shit all the time" She is only one of those things (mother). She was telling me I HAD to get out because she feels I dont go out enough. She doesnt get that I cant just drop off my child at their fathers orgrandpartents every other weekend then go to the bar. I think she is just bitter and does want a traditional family but she takes it out on me because the last flavor of the month didnt work out. I just felt it was uncalled for. It was almost as though she was asking me " arent you sick of wearing the same shoes " I have been a bit distant from her since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would feel bad for her.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 3:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• just let her know there's no way you could be tired of being there for the most important people in your life. It's people who interfere with that, or try to, who I get sick and tired of.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would feel bad for the OP! "Friends" like that aren't friends. That's a biotch!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• She is a single mom. She does not have a DH/SO to deal with. Her life is different then yours, that's all. Just tell her No I do not get tired of it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If she does this often and it bothers you, either say something so she can stop or remove yourself from the situation completely.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i probably wouldn't of thought anything of it, but just answered no, i like being home with family and being a wife. not wondering if she was dissing me or not. just that she was wondering if i was sick of it. although i suppose it would depend on who your friend really is to you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010