Craft projects using glass or plastic baby food containers???

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Snow globes maybe?
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 4:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You can use the glass ones to make votive candle holders. You can put thin layers of paint on them (looks like colored glass when the candle shines through) or you can lightly coat pieces of tissue paper in glue & put them on the outside. I prefer the second, it can look like a little stained glass window. Both are easy, pretty, & kid-or-mommy friendly!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yeah, snow globes! We made a bunch for DD's 1st b-day for the guests to take home.... If you want a character or something you have to use appoxy (? They had it at our WM) to stick the character to the baby food jar's lid (not the bottom, won't stay). Then mix glycerin and water, add the glitter, then appoxy the lid closed! I painted the lid pink, put a ribbon around the top, and stuck a little note to the top of the lid.

You could also make a water shaker thing. Just add food coloring to the water, put in glitter, buttons, small toys, anything to shake in there (I would glue the top shut! lol). You could add rice, and about 10 things to "Find" in the rice-- a button, a nickel, etc....
    I'm sure there are more I can't think of! lol Look on YouTube, it has everything!! haha :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010