Can u ovualte on time and ur period be late?

Hi, I'm new to cafe mom and hope to get to know other Moms on here. I used to use Yahoo answers but have realized when u have a legit question they tend not to get answered, so I thought I would join here. So here is my question. I started my last period on Nov. 5. My cycle is usually 30 days meaning I should have ovulated around the 18 and my period should have started on Dec. 5. Well I ovulated on the 19, I know this bc I had CM with a little blood, but I have yet to start my period. I had my tubes tied 8 months ago so pregnancy is really not what I'm thinking. My question is even though I ovulated on time can my period still be late or should it have started on the 5?

Kimberlya83

Asked by Kimberlya83 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ovulation is what triggers the hormonal changes that lead to your period. The luteal phase (length of time between ovulation and first day of your period) is usually pretty standard for the same woman- your luteal phase likely won't vary more than a day or so. I think it's a lot more likely that you didn't ovulate when you think you did in spite of having blood-stained cm. I would do a pregnancy test just to rule out the chance, and if it's negative there's not much to do but wait.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If I didn't ovulate any ideas what the CM was for? I usually have CM when I ovulate so that's y I say that was ovulation.
    Kimberlya83

Comment by Kimberlya83 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010