Worried about Choking with the other family

My sons father has just started exercising his parental rights, so up until this point its just been me....so now when my "baby" goes over there,Im really worried.....hes 21 months, and hes tall for his age, so I feel that everyone thinks of him as older, but I still at this point cut all his food up...I get worried about just handing him something to bite into because he doesnt always just bite it. So when he was over there I seen pictures online his family posted of him with big slices of pizza with toppings, and he wasnt even in a high chair so on top of that my son is super wild and there is no way its safe for him to be running all over while eating....If i even where to bring this up I know that my requests would just be ignored....How would anyone handle this? Do you think Im being over protective or is this a valid concern? I already mentioned that he shouldnt have hot dogs or grapes or nuts or big globs of peanut butter. What makes me so worried about it is that I know of a few friends/family members whose children choked even older than mine. Please give me your inputs thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your childs safety is always a valid concern!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd have baby daddy come along to a pediatrician appointment, asap.

Have him hear the facts from someone other than you. That way he'll listen and your concerns are documented.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010