Any other moms out there that can't sleep tonight?

I am never up this late, but I have the flu and nothing I do makes me comfortable!!! Anyone else awake? What do you do to relax when you are sick?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• I never really sleep at night. My husband is a EMT and I stay up all night on the nights he isn't home (lol)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am recovering from the flu and my son is coughing. :( But I am a figment of your imagination. I am asleep. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am up - 3:00 is my default wake up time unless I take Tylenol PM (love it!).

I try to use this quiet time to think, read, surf, get out the 10x mirror to examine wrinkles.....MOMMA time....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My husband isn't home, so I have slept all of 4 hours out of the last 72. I don't know why it is that I cannot sleep when he's not around.
    When I'm sick and can't get comfy like you, I usually surrender to a shower or bath. If it's a real flu, with the aching, coughing, stuffy head type symptoms the steam usually helps at least some. If it is a tummy thing, nothing helps other than reading to try to distract myself!
    Reading is something I do most every night anyway :)
    How long have you been sick?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I can so understand your plight. If you do some of these things and it doesn't help, then maybe you should seek a doctor. I use herbal chamomile tea before I go to bed. Aromatherapy is great as well - lavendar is very calming and I use products that are botanically based and have lavendar in my shower gel and body lotion. There is even a spray to put on your pillow at night as well. I too love to sit in bed quietly (or play some soft music) and read. Don't read things that make you think, look through magazines, enjoyment reading, romantic reading, whatever. Don't watch television. Too stimulating! Get comfy flannel sheets for these cold weather nights. Healthier to keep a window open a tad to get fresh, cool air in to circulate. Don't eat a heavy snack before bed and definitely don't exercise 2 hours before you sleep. Let me know how I can help. I'm a health and wellness consultant. Here's to your health too!
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 5:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008