what did your school age child have for lunch today?

and was it "hot" or sent from home?

My son had a bottle of water, a simply go-gurt, a 100 calorie pack of goldfish crackers, a roasted chicken drum stick, and a small hunk of home made red velvet cake. (from home) and got off the bus pissing/moaning because the hot lunch kids ate some new promotional item called shrimpy poppers

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Shrimpy poppers?! LOL I let my dd buy on fridays because its pizza day
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Brat, curly fries, applesauce, Reese peanut butter cookie & milk.

Copy/pasted from the school website. Yikes, she didn't do a very good job planning today's meal IMO! (our school's cook, I mean.)
    Anonymous

• BBQ wrapped in a tortilla, carrot sticks, water. I have sent home made cake before. I get a menu for the month from the school and my child circles one day of the week that she wants to eat. Shrimpy poppers sound good. I hope you told your child to say thank you for what ever food you fixed them?
    Anonymous

• pb&J
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Today we went out for lunch - Chinese. We have Freeday Friday and ususally do something fun for lunch, when it's nice we do a lot of picnics, but now that it's getting colder we are going out a couple of times a month and doing fun cooking projects.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I actually let my son buy yesterday because he was out of his lunch meat. He had pizza.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010