Is it safe to use a vicks vaporizer in the room with a 5 month old?

My 5 month old is a little sick, he has a runny nose and is conjested, i want to use a vicks vaporizer the one with the steam, to help him get better, has anyone done this with a baby? is it ok?

kandy800

Asked by kandy800 at 3:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used it before when my daughter was little. I think it should be perfectly safe as the vapors are generally on the mild side. Also lavender scents can help calm and sooth a baby as well.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If your not sure about it they do make baby vicks for there age works wonders and baby vicks wash for them to bathe in
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 4:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It is perfectly safe. My pediatrician told me to use it when my daughter was 8 weeks old. But, if your unsure u could at least use the vaporizer alone which will help also!
    Hope that helps!
    crazymamax5

Answer by crazymamax5 at 5:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My pedi sadi it was fine. She even suggested the vicks wall plug in for the vapors.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My pedi suggested the vicks wall plug in for the vapors too!!! She'll sleep much better
    kkgrls

Answer by kkgrls at 1:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008