any dog groomers

i have a standard poodle that i would like to groom myself. well i do but i don't know which shears or brushes/tools i should be using on her. also i have blades 7/4mm, 00,10 blades, what other blades should someone have?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pets

• If you are planning on shaving her all over a 15 blade will work. The scissor work you will not be able to do without training. It's so hard.
    Anonymous

• Get some cool lube as well to keep the blade from getting to hot.
    Anonymous

• You need a wide tooth comb not a brush or the under coat will matte up.
    Anonymous

• My mom used to show toy poodles and groom them herself. I don't know about the blades, but I know a big part was bathing and then blow-drying (big dryer) and using a slicker brush to "fluff" them after their initial cut and then she'd recut them. I think she used a 10 for longer parts and a 40 for neck, feet, face and base of tail.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010