Have you seen the 12 step liberal recovery program?

I think it could work.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bprelutsky/2009/03/06/a-12-step-liberal-recovery-program/

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it will take a bit more than 12 steps lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• By the way GerpieLu..."Breitbart" didn;t write the 12-step program, but a guy named Burt Prelutsky

Who was born in Chicago, in 1940, and raised in Los Angeles. He has been a humor columnist for the L.A. Times and a movie critic for Los Angeles magazine. As a freelancer, he has written for the New York Times, TV Guide, Modern Maturity, Emmy, Holiday, American Film, and Sports Illustrated.

For television, he has written for "Dragnet," "McMillan & Wife," "MASH," "Mary Tyler Moore," "Rhoda," "Bob Newhart," "Family Ties," "Dr. Quinn," and "Diagnosis Murder."

I bet you watch those shows along with Matlock!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• How can liberals say they are so OPEN-MINDED and TOLERANT, when they won't even LOOK at an opposing viewpoint?!

As a conservative, I like to be well-read and consider liberal AND conservative outlets before forming my opinion. What are libs afraid of....someone challenging their narrow view of the world and the people in it?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Carpy you're one of those backwoods country folks she can't be friends with ya lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Wow, he sure pegged them right didn't he? I'm afraid ti would be hard to get them started though. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• LOL....having a bad day GerpiLu?!

The problem with the this or any 12-step program is the person has to RECOGNIZE they have a PROBLEM and WANT to CHANGE!! LOL If you're still liberal after the age of 40, or have become more liberal as you've gotten older, the program will never work! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I do not like generalizations about people. All they do is make the person, making the generalization look uneducated.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• laughing

sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 5:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• sidesplittinglaughter

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 5:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I tried to read it but I think this is BS.. It's a cop out "Oh, I have a disease I am powerless." South Park had an awesome episode about this garbage.

people understand that they’re powerless over their addiction and that only by turning their lives over to a Power greater than themselves can they be restored to sanity.

The rest is more partisan insults, typical for this board. It's nice to know that most here are willing to insult an entire group of people just so they can attack some specific people who bother them here.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2010