what do you do when you are sick and you a single parent?

i am just letting her watch tv and just play on her own. i have a fever and my body aches. my parents live around the corner but i didn;t think i was going to feel this aweful. i trying not to touch her that much. i do not want her to get sick.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 5:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you can call your parents then call them. If you can't call then keep doing what you are doing. That is what I do if I am sick and dh is at work. DH and I were both up the other night along with two of our kids with the stomach flu, meaning all four of us had it at the same time. Not fun at all. At least our middle child slept through it all and never got it. Hope you feel better soon!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• call your parents and have them watch your LO so she doesnt get sick and you can get plenty of rest
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• dont feel bad, you're sick and you're doing your best. give your parents a call and see if they'll come to the rescue :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Life goes on.... I was totally on my own with two. You just do what you gotta do.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have a husband but stay at home with my kids and I still don't get sick days! Your daughter will be fine, hang in there and drink plenty of water! There are not many sick days for moms!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• yeah i talked to my mom and she said its just too cold now to come back to get her. i agree.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i am just staying away from her as much as possible and just trying wash my hands and such and i having soup also. yeah she will be fine. i hope. hope its not the flu that i get for a week. hope its a quick flu. thanks everyone
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Your parents live around the corner but can't come get her because it is too cold out? What are they? Chihuahuas? That is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• ofcourse you are anoynmous because you don;t have the balls to say that with your face. yes its very cold out for the baby. she had gotten home. yes to not keep bringer her in and out. and no its not literally around the corner. i was using that meaning they live very close by. you are the one ridiculous. you are the one that shoudl not answer unless you have the balls to show your face. be a woman and show your face
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010