Is anyone else SICK of the ads that portray us

as diamond/jewelry loving creatures? Like we fall in love and stay in love with guys because they bring us jewelry! No wonder men don't know how to have real relationships! The media isn't helping us out any here ladies!

raynestar

Asked by raynestar at 5:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL... well I wont fall in love because of a diamond (or with a diamond).... but i wont give it back!
    Anonymous

• I don't even wear jewelry. I don't get it either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Not to be the superficial voice, but I don't know if I could take a proposal seriously without a ring. I don't mean a massive, go into debt ring. I like my small ring that came from Sam's club. But the idea that he planned the proposal and thought about it enough to go pick out a ring for me. Its that thought that counts, not the size or the price.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Huh. Now that you mention it. I couldn't care less about jewelry.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'll take flowers over a necklace or earrings any day. I want something that comes from the heart. I actually dislike jewelry and the only piece I wear is a wedding ring
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• what are you talking about? jewelry always works for me.

haha jk! :) i dont care about jewelry either. but my husband must have thought so in the beginning of our relationship, because he would always buy me expensive, shiny things. they were nice to receive, dont get me wrong, but im not materialistic and i dont need a fancy watch or whatever to make me happy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• guys are dumb enough to fall for it and spend their money on what the ads tell them we want which is why it's important for us to tell our man what we want, not some ad

Answer by admckenzie at 5:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I wash my hands so much and lather on so much lotion I don't care about rings..... and other jewelry is like a waste of $$$ IMHO. I'd be more thrilled if my husband spent the cash on a surprise weekend get away or a front row seats to elmo on ice. lol
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• LOL! Well said. Yes, I hate jewelry. I can't wait to take my ring off when I walk through that door. Necklaces make me feel like I am being strangled! Ugh.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010