Company holiday parties...

does yours or your husbands office do this? what is the dress? is there dancing? sit down dinner, buffett, appitizers, ect? do you look forward to it or is it an obligation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• My husband's office does one, but it's not a fancy one. Dress is casual, no dancing, drinks, appetizers, and buffet.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I forgot to answer, I used to work there, so I kind of enjoy it. If I hadn't worked there, I'd probably hate it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I always hated those things. I went to them I think twice in my whole life. But, I am not a very social person. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Depends on where they have it. If its at someones house, then you can dress a little more casual, if its a rented venue, then more dressy. I have been to both kinds with my work, so find out first where its going to be held.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Oh yes, my husbands company has a big sit down dinner coming up soon, drinks, dancing, they give out gift cards,TV'S, all kinds of stuff. my husband gets his 10 year plaque this year, they scroll through the plant with people that work there on a big screen and some people have comments, it becomes quite the deal. TV'S, . The dress is pretty causual but I usually dress up pretty good.
    With my company it is very laid back, fun, games catered in but still yummy none the less.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My company is small and most of the employees are family (about 50%). They rent a private room at their cuontry club each year for appetizers, dinner, drinks and a gift exchange. It's good,but sometimes it feels a little awkward cause most of the people there are related to each other, so you end up feeling like you're intruding on a family dinner.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My hubby's company does...it's sit down buffet food, games, music like a DJ, open bar..jeans are okay to wear...app's first then we take turn going thru the buffet line..then dessert
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i'm not married so I don't have to go through that. Sounds like a hassle to me
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My DHs old company had a fancy holiday party every year, with dinner and dancing. We never went. DH had no interest in seeing his co workers on his Saturday night off. It was fine with me. His company now provides everyone with a huge luncheon on the last day of work before Christmas.

The school I taught at had a party one Saturday in December. They charged $40 per couple. I never went. I wasn't going to pay that, and I had better things to do on a Saturday night.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2010