When is an approperiate time to buy everything for your baby?

I'm an over preparer, I want to buy everything when I'm 3 months pregnant. My DH disagrees and says I should want until 8 months. I'm not having a baby shower with this pregnancy and I will not be finding out the sex, so I'll be buying neutural things.. When do you think is a good time to get all the babies things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree waiting til the 7-8 month mark is a better idea.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would say whenever you want too that is just me though. I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and I also will not be having a baby shower and this ins my 3rd baby so I am going to have to buy what my baby needs
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'm only ten weeks pregnant, and I've already started buying a few things here and there. I figures it makes more sense financially to pick up things along the way because I know I won't be able to afford everything all at once!
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd agree that waiting until 7 mos. is a good idea. Then, don't over-buy, especially with clothes. I had baby clothes that my daughter never wore, because she outgrew them before I ever had a chance to put them on.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I bought a few things every month until my son was born.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• personally I think buying slowly isn't as financially devastating. You should buy like a case of diapers, for example, every single week from now on.

As fr as neutral stuff goes, that really only works for cribs and carseats. Clothes are harder..... how much yellow and mint green do you really need? Consider buying gift cards for the clothing stores you love the most.

And make sure you buy (and pre wash in dreft!) a boy AND girl fancy outfit for coming home and hospital pictures. you can sell, donate or keep the other
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There is never 'an appropriate time'. I wish you nothing but the best on your new arrival but the truth is it is always in the hands of the Almighty. Please do not take this negatively I am just answering honestly. My daughter was 7 months and they told her everything was gong fine. I had just started buying the things for her baby shower which we scheduled for the beginning of the following month and two days after she began buying the things she'd need for her daughter, my grand baby was born already gone a week prior inside of her. Then my Niece a few months later lost her baby at 9 month (she was over due by almost 2 weeks) the reason I am telling you this is not to upset or discuurage you just to put in your mind that is never too late or early to purchase things you may need. No one can put a time limit on that for you. If you feel it is time then follow what you feel. Good luck mommy and congrats
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010