When do give advice or keep your mouth shut

I have a friend that has had lots of relationship problems. She texted me today complaining about the boyfriend/baby daddy that has been going back and forth between her and his other baby momma for almost a year now. I told her exactly how I felt about the guy and how horrible he was treating her. And that she deserved better. I haven't heard nothing back from her. Did I go to far? Should I have kept my mouth shut?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 5:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, if she is coming to you for advice or support - I can't help but to be honest.. you did good..but remember, some women must crave drama to stay in this - I had to stop talking to certain people because it drove me nuts
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You're just looking out of here but as from here I think it's best to keep your mouth quiet. If she doesnt like being treated this way she needs to pull her head out of her ass and realize she's being played. It's been a year she should know by now. If she likes being treated like shit then let her and dont be the shoulder she cries on.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• good golly... sounds like a head case.

you did fine. if she calls back you can let her know what your opinion is and she can take it or not... but that you are done listening to her stupidity (say it nicer tho).

Good golly... honestly you are a better person than I am... I would have dropped an idiot friend like that along time ago I dont have time in my life for whacked out women who cant get it together.

OH... lmbo... except for here... some how I find time to be here... so I guess I do have a bit of time for whacked out women... but Im trying more and more to avoid those types of posts.
    Anonymous

• my hubby tells me the same thing all the time! I am crazy for listening to thier shit, but I don't mind because it reminds me of how wonderful my husband is and I like being able to say my Hubby doesn't do those things to me and I would be gone if he didn't. And with this particular friend I decided months ago after her baby shower (that I was the host of ) I would not continue to bite my tongue anymore and thats exactly what I did today and well I don't think she liked it. But i didn't want to host a baby shower with a chip on our shoulders so I kept the peace til then which IMO was being generous
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010