Anyone in OKC? How much do you pay for daycare?

I'm watching a 1 1/2 yo little girl for about 8 hours a day, no more than four days a week. I provide her lunch, dinner and snacks. I'm thinking about charging $20 a day. Is that too much? How much do you pay for daycare in the OKC area?

brennajoy

Asked by brennajoy at 1:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have two children: 7 months and 4 years. I pay $261/week to have them in daycare. My 4 year old costs $117/week and the 7 month old is $144/week. We get a 10% military discount otherwise it would be $130 and $160. They both attend a daycare center. IMO $20/day is a bargain for private care considering you're providing food.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 1:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• On base daycare is either $75 or $87/week depending on your pay grade. The drop-in rate for daycare around here is $25/day. I would definitely thing $20/day is good. I can't believe a daycare is $130 and $160/week, though! I looked around to see if we could afford it and I found a place that was $135 for Alyvia. I would send mine on base, though.
    izzynlalasmommy

Answer by izzynlalasmommy at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• We're on the waiting list for base daycare, and the price would be $125/week/kid because of our income. My husband is E5 and I'm an RN.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 1:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well we pay 122 a week for daycare but it all depends on how much you make, it can be anywhere from 61-122 a week, but thats on base
    mimi718

Answer by mimi718 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008