im 17 and i feel like im ready for another baby..am i?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Only you can honestly answer that question. Finacially a second baby is a lot harder. DO you have the means for that? Two butts to diaper, two mouths to feed, two bodies to clothe....Its a lot of responsibility.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 5:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I WAS 26 AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS TOO YOUNG YOUR ONLY 17 NO YOUR NOT !!! WHAT IS YOUR RUSH ??? I THINK YOUR LOOKING FOR LOVE BUT A BABY DOESN'T LOVE YOU YET IT NEEDS YOU !!! SLOW DOWN !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Urgent: Please read this article - The Critical Importance of Mothering at www.naturalchild.com/elliott_barker/mothering.html You are so young, your first baby cannot be older than 3, so think about this: Counselors of adults who have very damaged minds have learned that if a child is under 3 years old and a new baby comes along, it breaks the child's heart. Your first baby loves you so intensely, you are their whole world, their sunshine. If your attention and energy turn away from them, that darkens their world, it cuts them adrift from security, and many grow up to be incapable of love.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• waldorfmom, I'm sorry but wherever you found that article, it needs to be ignored because it's a bunch of crap. My brother wasn't even a year old when I was born, and he's one of the most loving people I know. It depends on the caring of the parents, not on the age when the second child is born.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Do you have a job, education, financially independent, not recieving government assitance, paying all bills, have health insurance??
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Depends, do you have a good job, a stable relationship, are you able to take care of your children even without a significant other? I love babies too, but hell it's hard without having these things first.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 12:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• 17 & you have one already and "think" you want another...you are so unsure of what you should do though that you come on the internet & ask strangers if you should being another child into the world..hmmm...I seriously doubt you even should have the the one...
    Anonymous

• How many 17 yrs olds have a good enough job to have their own place and pay all their own bills w/out help? Not too many. If you still live at home honey I doubt mommy wants another kid there & if you're living with the little boyfriend maybe you 2 should think about the future a little bit more. And if you are alone...who are you going to trick into getting you pregnant?
    Anonymous

• Why are you even on this website. You should be going to college and earning a degree instead of trying to have a baby!!

Don't you have to be at least 18 to be on this site?
    Anonymous

• wow some of these comments are soo rude! well iam a teen mom too and i had my son at 14 and now iam 17 i have my own house and live on my own with my son and his dad and we are just fine we have NO government assistance and we do just perfect and were thinking about another baby because we know we can do it. dont listen to these rude people if you can do it without struggling then do it. well if you need someone to talk to you can message me i would like to talk to a teen mom in the same boat. well good luck and i wish the best for you!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 3:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008