• In the Spotlight:

Friend's husband smokes pot around 4 month old...

So I watch this little four month old baby girl for my friend. She is wonderful, she is healthy and well taken care of as well. My friend confessed to me that she was having some marriage difficulties because she does NOT want her husband to smoke pot and drink while he is suppose to watch their baby so she can get her pre med college homework done. She is really stressed out, she loves her husband but seems to think this is all funny that he just doesn't get it. After she told me this, I remembered that I thought this babies hair smelled funky a few days ago whens he was at my house, but didn't really think anything of it and now I realize it was probably pot smoke in her hair...it just really pisses me off because she is really trying to be a good mom, and a college student with a hard work course and he is giving her nothing but problems. Besides offering to watch the baby so she can get her homework done, and supporting her, what else can I do? I know it's not my place, but I love this little girl and I don't want to see her hurt in anyway...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats creepy horrible
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 5:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know, I just feel so bad for both of them. She seems to think it's okay to smoke pot, just not around the baby. Personally I think it's stupid all the way around. I believe when you become a parent that you have a responsibility to be responsible at all times...ugh.... she is worried about if someone would find out and they would take the baby away, or if he got hurt at work and had to go to the ER, he would lose his job....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• there really isn't much you can do. Its HER husband and their issue. its horrible but just be her friend and let her know you agree with her concerns and support her in trying to get him to stop doing this around the baby.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• This isn't any of your concern sadly. Its your friends issue and you need to stay out of it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• That is a hard situation to be in but unfortunately there is nothing you can really do and if you accidentally over step your boundaries, you could cause problems between you and your friend. Sorry
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Call cps, that's the problem, no one wants to get involved.

Anonymous

• By leaving it alone, you are adding to the problem. You need to contact CPS and let them deal with it. Your friend is allowing this to go on. She can say she is upset about it all she wants, but the fact is, she is allowing it to go on. You have the opportunity to do something about this situation.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• So, she talked to him and he agreed to stop, so I guess we will just have to see....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010