how do I make this choice?

I am a mother of one beautiful girl. I was fixxed at the young age of 20. My mother pushed me into it. Now i am concidering having my tubal reversed. I believe I have hit the age of wanting another child. Right now i am afraid of not only my mother and family. but also the idea that if i were to get pregnant that the child would have CGD chronic gralulumatosis disease . it runns in my family and life exspectancy back when my uncle was alive was 7 yo now a child with CGD is exspected to live into their 30 and 40. I want another child but i do not know what other option there is for me I want the joy of carrying the child not someone else no offense to other surrogets out their, or mother who could not carry. Does anyone have any advise for me?

tattooed_mom86

Asked by tattooed_mom86 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• thats a tough decision, did you consider adoption?
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 5:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• yes I have but I have wanted to carry a child. We have concidered it and it is still an option for us but I want to carry the baby myself nothing is off the table yet.
    tattooed_mom86

Comment by tattooed_mom86 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Good luck with the tubal reversal. Cousin had it a year ago...3 pregnancies and all three tubals.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you are worried about your eggs what about using eggs that are donated.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 3:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• What are the chances of the baby having CGD?
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 7:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• im am worried about using my eggs and yes the chances of a child haveing CGD is very high only the boys can get sick the girls are carriers
    tattooed_mom86

Comment by tattooed_mom86 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Its really a choice you have to make yourself but I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world knowing it would most likely be that sick or a daughter who would have to make this decision just so I could experience the joy of having a child.

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• well, i personally hate being pregnant so i guess i can't really identify with your struggle lol. i would simply adopt. i think the stress of worrying about the child would take away any joy you might feel from the pregnancy anyway. and what if it is a boy? they are not going to have a good life. i would just adopt so you are completing your family and giving a loving home to a child that doesn't have one. it's a win win in my opinion.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree. i know the yearning to carry your own child, but you have to look at the bigger picture. You don't want to risk giving your child a terrible life they can't even live for long, or like OP said, putting hte burden on a daughter of having to make that decision herself. I don't know exactly how all that works, but can you use someone else's egg, and have it implanted into you? It wouldn't be your biological child, but it would be like adoption + you get to carry the baby and grow it inside of you, so it is definitely YOUR child, kwim?

I'm not saying you should not have a child biologically, just that you need to think long and hard about what you will be doing, and if your own wants would come before the health and quality of life your child will have.

As for your mother and family, fuck them, seriously. You are an adult and a decision like this should not be your mothers! Unless you are an unfit parent, screw them!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• thank you everyone you have given me a lot to think about
    tattooed_mom86

Comment by tattooed_mom86 (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010