Update: 14 yr old who got girlfriend pregnant

She went to the doctors yesterday and they confirmed that she's 7 weeks gone. She's asked me to talk to her parents for her tonight, would this be wise or should I get her to do it while I'm there? Also what should I say to them if so?
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• you should have her there and tell the parents that ur son and their daughter have been together and the worst has happened... tell them that not to get up set these things happen and ask what the girl wants to do with the baby... keep.... abort.. or adopt then try to support her decision... GL hunny i had to deal with that when i was 14 and i had a misscarriage.. but it was a bit different... but still had to tell my parents...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would tell her that you will be there with her, but not do it for her and have your son be there too. Have her ready with what her plan is so her parents know she has started to think this through and let her parents know that you are not going to let your son just walk away from this. Them coming to you shows that they trust you to be there for them, and how great your relationship with your son is! GL, they are lucky to have you in their corner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would not, because that could make her parents mad at you. I would maybe offer support and be there when she told them but ultamilty your son and her need to tell them. Kudos for them getting help and not trying to "deal" with it themselves and everyone finding out 6 months from now.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I hope they get her an abortion. Jeez.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OMG you are in my prayers, this is way too young for this to be going on! Hang in there. Have the girl with you and have her tell them. She needs you right now, she must be terrified.
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• you should tell otherwise she in trouble.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008