What Angry Dim Said "F#*% The President"?

(NewsBusters)Roll Call reported Thursday that during a heated meeting of House Democrats to discuss Barack Obama’s tax compromise plan, an unknown member was heard saying, “F–k the President.”

According to Howard Fineman, appearing on MSNBC’s “Countdown,” that was not the sole F-word expressed in disgust for the President at this contentious gathering (video follows with transcript and commentary):

KEITH OLBERMANN, HOST: In Nancy Pelosi’s last month as Speaker, and the last month of Democrat control of the House of Representatives, Democrats stood up against Republicans and against the President. Our fifth story tonight, after a rowdy, dramatic, closed door meeting of House Democrats in almost total unison on this issue, the Speaker of the House says the President’s tax plan will not get a vote in the House without changes, or as one unidentified Democratic member of Congress put it, according to the newspaper Roll Call, quote, “F the President,” unquote.

After discussing the state of the plan with Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank, Olbermann brought in Fineman:

OLBERMANN: Let’s turn to MSNBC political analyst Howard Fineman, also senior political editor of the Huffington Post. Good evening, Howard.

HOWARD FINEMAN, THE HUFFINGTON POST: Hi, Keith.

OLBERMANN: This has been an extraordinary week in this debate between these two parts of the Democratic Party. But this quote, “F the President?” Kind of strong. What can you tell us about the, the, the Democratic revolt in the House this morning?

FINEMAN: Well, like Barney Frank, I wasn’t there either, but I did talk to a lot of people who were, and it was pretty startling. There was, there was sotto voce apparently, you know, not too loud, an “F the President.” There was a, there was a “No f-ing way.” There was a “He F-ed it up.” You know, we had a fairly liberal use of the F-word inside those closed doors, and there was a lot of anger. And, and, and frankly the President’s appearance before this same group of people yesterday, when he tried to explain his side of things, didn’t help. As a matter of fact, it just made things worse is my understanding of it. One member I talked to said if this is the way he’s going to negotiate with the Republicans, what’s he going to do with the Iranians, you know?

Pretty classy, huh?Now, imagine if Glenn Beck said that!

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 5:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry but that's actually kind of funny
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• They are going to use it on that new show, Liberals gone wild.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• – collapse
    I think it was really a Repub who said that. Guess who?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• And some thought the " you lie" statement was bad. Oooooook let's see the liberal spin!!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

Answer by Carpy

I hope that's a joke. I don't want to see Nancy Pelosi's boobs or Harry Ried's junk...

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Omg upshe LOLOL yuuuuuuuck me either ..not uh nope

Yeah savage it takes alot of class and the liberals are big on class ...NOT
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

lol grly look above your post at my best friend gerpielu's post.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Who cares? A Dem can't express frustration with the presidents actions? Better than telling him to eff off on the House floor, kwim.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think Crapy was there.....hehe.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010