my boyfriend of 2 months is really supportive of my pregnancy and an absolute doll, hes mentioned wanting to be a family alot, what do you guys think?

He's 28, im 22. He comes over all the time and cooks me diner, comforts me, does all the right things. Doesn't have a bad bone in his body. He said me being pregnant worried him at first but now when he rubs my tummy he feels close to the baby and he wants to know if id let him do the father stuff like go to my next sonogram and appointments...i want him to but...is it fair to let him be the father of a child that isnt biologically his just because the biological father isnt in the picture? i wasnt dating to find a daddy for my baby.

brooklynohlordy

Asked by brooklynohlordy at 6:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would take it slow, 2 months doesnt seem that long
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• id be careful for your sake.. if youre pregnant w/ someone else's child and have only been dating this guy for 2 months... its up in the air if he could walk out at any second & leave you hurting. so tread carefully.. there are very few men in the world who would take on something like that, so if he is one of the few, bless his heart! good luck!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• That's going to have to be your call, and what you are comfortable with. My friend is married to a woman who he dated during her pregnancy and to him, that's his child. No difference. So it's your call hun.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ya just take it slow... Now you have to think about your lil one too... congrats and good luck!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If it seems to good to be true............it usually is. Just be cautious.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Take it slow. 2 months is not long enough to know anything. My brother's ex-wife (the ex is because she cheated on him while he was deployed) was pregnant when they started dating. He was a father to her son and when they divorced it broke his heart because him not being a biological parent didn't have a chance for custody. He ended up marrying another girl who had a child and treats him like his own son. (He isn't a weirdo and did date non-mothers but that is just how things worked out). DNA makes someone a father, being loving and supportive makes a dad.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would take it slow, but at the same time, why not let him do some of the "daddy stuff." Some guys don't care at all if they are the biological parent or not. However, for your sake and the baby's sake, just take it a bit slow. You never know, by the time the baby is born you could be on your own again, or engaged. Two months is not very long.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Two months wouldn't be long enough for me to let him start playing "daddy" even to my unborn child.

Answer by missanc at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Take it slowly!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010