Another period

So I just had a period like a week ago and now I am having another period with heavy flow. It has never happened before what could it be?

HuggiesMom

Asked by HuggiesMom at 6:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• Multiple periods like that can be caused by many different issue's, such as stress, birth control, life style, or even something like your hormones or thyroid. There are many other serious probs that can also cause this though, so I always suggest being seen by your doc. If your cycle is usually normal every month, I would definitely keep track of how long & how heavy this one is & you should also watch for other symptoms such as fever, chills or anything out of the ordinary for you. It's probably something simple but it should not be ignored. Also most good docs suggest that if a woman experiences symptoms for 2weeks then she needs to seek health care & even though many docs say something like this is normal, in reality it is not normal. Even if it is caused by something simple like stress, it should still be taken seriously. I'm sure you'll be OK but after my experience I always suggest it is better to be safe take care!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• u should see a doctor just to be on the safe side. last year i had my period 3 times in one month it was because i was stressed,nervous and excited to the max. i was planning a vacation to see relatives i had not seen in 9 years.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Heh...happens to me every once in awhile, but I'm 40...I'm sure my cycles are changing up and I'm getting ready for the "change"....don't know how old you are, but that could be an issue, or it could be that you're stressed out. That'll cause it as well.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Normally mine are like clockwork, but I have had a few times where they have been like htat, totally out of whack.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2010