chicago!!!

i am leaving for chicago around noon today its a 5 hr trip.... any ways what are some cheap fun things to do in the city??? I dont have alot of money and i will have a 2 yr old i am going to see my mom and she has only been there for a few months... any thing ladies would help
TY
Val

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 6:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Travel

• I don't know about cheap but it's a big city and just walking around can be a total blast.

Navy Pier is great for kids. There's the theater district too. Mag Mile/Michigan Avenue has lots to offer; shopping at Water Tower Place is easy enough to do with a child. The Field Museum or The Museum of Science and Industry is always a hit. There's the Adler Planetarium and the Shedd Aquarium too. Macy's might have their xmas windows put together by now. That's always a hit with the little ones ... and it's free!

Welcome and have a great time. Chicago is the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Navy Pier is fun, not totally cheap, but you don't have to pay to walk around and people watch. I'd to the Children's Museum too. I think it is around $9 per person--right next to Navy Pier. With a 2 year old you just never know how they will react. Good luck!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Lincoln Park Zoo? It's been awhile since I've been there but isn't that a free one? You just pay parking?
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 8:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008