Liberal Group Running TV Ads Attacking Obama For Tax-Cut Deal?

Isn't it fun to watch them eat their own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mRRKz9E0m8&feature=player_embedded

(Politico)- A liberal group is using President Barack Obama’s own words against him to stir up resistance to his tax cut compromise.

The Progressive Change Campaign Committee on Thursday released a television advertisement set to air in Washington, D.C., and two Indiana media markets that blasts Obama for appearing to break his promise not to continue Bush-era tax policies.

“He’s promising four more years of tax cuts for CEOs,” Obama said of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in the clip, which comes from an April 2008 rally in Indiana. “Tax cuts that he once voted against because he said they offended his conscience. Well they may have stopped offending John McCain’s conscience somewhere along the road to the White House.

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 6:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't call anything happening in our federal government funny.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know...The republicans have been doing it for years.

I agree with Upsherises.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't find the mess in DC amusing at all. I do find it funny that any politician who dares not to follow lock step is 'eating their own' and evidence the party is about to fail.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Friday said it. I, too disagree with the compromise Obama made. As a normal human being, I chalk it up in the "bad" column that I use to weigh Obama's presidency. I am not naive enough to think all decision made by a president, whether or not I voted for them, will meet with my approval. That's called maturity.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well now. SInce Obama agreed to let the Bush Tax cuts remain, wouldn't you kinda think that Republicans would be overjoyed and Democrats be upset with him???? Duhhh.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• funny how this comes from the same people who claim we "worship" Obama.

if he'd govern even remotely as liberally as you all love to claim he wouldn't have such issues.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010