MY HUSBAND LEFT ME AND OUR BBY IN JUNE..AND NOW DAT MY DAUGHTER IS SAYIN LIL WORDS SHES CALLIN MY NEW BF DADA SHOULD I FEEL OK WITH IT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on how serious you are with the new bf, it's a personal decision, but in general kids will call the male figure who is with them dad. My son was 11 months when I started dating my now dh, he saw his father for visitation, but he still started calling my dh daddy we corrected him and said "no that's jeff" for a few months then just got sick of it. He always called dh his dad and bio his father. His biodad HATED it, but a counselor told him that kids call the male in the house dad because they are in that role. Also 14 years later my dh is his dad- bio dad signed off all rights when he was 13yo and dh adopted ds!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Id say not to because what if something happends with you and this guy. then he leaves and she is stuck with another man that left her
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 8:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• first of all how old is she? If you have this in the 0-12m then im guessing around that age, she doesnt know what she is doing you could try to explain it to her but i dont think it will change anything. Yes if she was older and she was then i would think it was a problem but she is just looking for a face to put the name to and he is the one there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Totally up to you. What is your mother intuition telling you?
    wilesmomma

Answer by wilesmomma at 9:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't think it matters. I personally have a DAD and a DADDY. that is just the way I always said it. It is up to you. IMO if this guy is around and if your serious then it is fine. If it is a fling i dont think he should spend time with your daughter. I only say this out of personal experience. My mom dated around and i would get used to some one and then they were gone and as a child i wonder if i did somehting to make them leave.

Like i said just my opinion and you should do what feels right.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2008