What does Christmas mean to you?

To me, its about celebrating the birth of our Savior w/ my church family & my family & snuggling up to my little lovies & just simply trying to make others lives better. Its such a comforting time of the year to me, & I already thank God every day for my wonderful children & wonder how we are all so blessed to have such joys in our lives.. I know many dont believe & thats fine, but what is your meaning behind Christmas??

I get sad reading all these posts of mothers not knowing how to even afford a Christmas tree, or looking for ways to get gifts for their children.. w/ a little creativity & love.. you can do Christmas very cheaply!! I hate that most people end up forgetting that Christmas is not about presents...you can GIVE without giving gifts... Just give your LOVE!!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 7:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ and spending time with family. There where a lot of years growing up that where really tight but we had a great time and I didn't miss the gifts and extras.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 7:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Jesus was not born in Deccember, .Christams is not religious at all, its actually a pagan holiday america turned national. Jesus was actually born around harvest time.

But for the chhildrens sake and honor to my Lord Jesus Christ I like to call it, Jesus Birthday reserve. We celebrated Jesus birthday at the right time, we try to do things like he did it(Jesus follower) not as people made u after he died.

Christmas is an american culture thing to our family, jesus never said anything about celebrating his birthday with santa reindeer and gift exchanges in order to be saved.

He actually bid his followers to be aware of such things that take you of the road he came to light for his people. Muslims love Jesus, but they dont do that silly stuff, its cultural, and depends on your education, if you are a lost sheep going along with trend(jesus lost sheep, who have ignored the whole purpose of the gospel).
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It means spending time with my family and children which is the most precious thing in the world to me
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Im very aware the Jesus was not likely born on Dec. 25th, as I am A christian myself. The date was chosen by the Roman Catholic Church, I know that too.. because it was not set in stone when He was born. Also very aware santa clause has nothing to do w/ Jesus & Christmas has become commercialized....................... but that doesnt mean i strain my kids from it. Its a wonderful time, a wonderful holiday, and a wonderful true meaning about the birth of our savior, to myself................ This was just a simple what does Christmas mean to you question.. not a religious debate bcz I know there are many religions, and people believe what they believe.. But thank you anyway!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010