For a child support order to be dropped to zero does...

the non-custodial parent have to petition for it to happen or does the child support office just do it?
I just got a letter that my piece of crud ex will no longer have to pay his $212/month because the money they take it from is a "need based grant". I guess he gets free gov't money for being OCD and sitting in his parents house for free every month.
So now the $40,000 back support he owes me plus the cruddy $212/month isn't going to come to help support my son anymore because the county decides he needs it more?
What can I do?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 7:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't believe this was to be a judgement call on past endeavors and who does what. The question was about child support payments and it's modification to nothing. If you can't offer good advice or encourage a fellow mother, well then don't reply to the post.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 10:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ??? I've never heard of that. My ex is trying to get disability and while he fights the social security office they child support enforcement isn't enforcing his payment (which he's not making), but if he does end up getting disability (which I doubt, he's highly capable of working) then his kids also get social security.

Answer by missanc at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i havent heard of this either...................is it only temporarily?
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, it says it will commence on 1/11/2011. It's filed by the L.A. CSSD Superior court of Los Angeles. It's a modified order.

The bastard didn't pay anything for the first 12 years, he was finally criminally prosecuted for payment, paid for 18 months, and now this happens. I had no idea after the criminal case was closed he would pull this crap and stop paying. He refuses to see my son either. I am furious.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My ex lives at his parents house. He wasn't collecting any type of disability or SSI until he was prosecuted for non-payment of CS. Then he runs and gets the gov't money because he has OCD. He has refused to take meds all these years so he is a prisoner of his own mental b.s.. If he took meds he'd function just fine. So he's living in mommy & daddy's house, collecting money, and now I get screwed out of $200/month which helps since I was laid off and my husband is supporting me and 3 kids.

I called SSI once and my son isn't eligible for some reason - I don't think they gave me a reason, they just said no.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• So if I hired you for your "pre-paid legal services" is that the advice I'd get?
    You suck at your job Iraqi =)
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• sounds like you just should have kept your legs closed until you got married. Your bad for doing it with someone not capable of providing(should have thought this one out), no one forced you to open your legs did they? Not to be rude, but you have to make better decisions, especially when it involves possibly having to do with children.

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

Your a class act.eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Orions your wron, drugs just make you a zombie, worse than dealing with ocd, you speak like you speak from experience, like you have OCD?

sounds like you just should have kept your legs closed until you got married.

Your bad for doing it with someone not capable of providing(should have thought this one out), no one forced you to open your legs did they?

Not to be rude, but you have to make better decisions, especially when it involves possibly having to do with children.
    IraqiVetWife