how do you know when your water has broken?

can it come out in lil bits here and there or is it a continuous leak?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 7:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's a big leak. Kinda like you've peed on yourself, without the urine. It's just water...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• continuous leak. It may be a small tear so if there is constant wetness that doesn't smell like urine you may want to get double checked. More often than not if the water breaks you would feel a slight pop and there would be a continuous stream that can't be 'pinched off'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You'll know.

If it's coming out in little bits you're probably just wetting yourself. Oh the joys of pregnancy...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had my water break on me at home, I was outside unlocking the door, thank God. It was warm and felt as if I had pee'd on myself. When I stood up out of my car (luckly I was wearing a pad because I was nervous of this happening) I felt a little come out, pad caught it, then I took a step out the door and the rest came... I was soooooo happy I was at home.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It was a very distinct sensation that for me, I will never forget. It was wierd. I felt like I was laying there peeing myself.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• With my first 2 the doctors broke my water at the hospital and I was 8cm with baby 2!

With my 3rd my water broke about 20 minutes before he was born and I knew what had happened. It was a very distinct feeling. Happily for me, I was already at the hospital and was getting ready to get in the tub.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• both times with mine i was in the hospital. The first one broke on it's own and I felt a pop in my belly almost like a ballon popped. It was a gush. Then I had more gushing with each contraction. With me second one the doctor broke my water. With that one was also a gush then it was more of a leak with each contraction.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i am just not to sure if thats what is happening to me. i will be 40weeks on sunday, (tmi) i had sex this morning and you know the way they drip out of you for awhile after, but that was at 11am, its now 7:20 pm and i seem to just keep gettin a lil wet alday since then, but i don't know if its continuous cos its very slow. ehh and i don't want to ring the hospital incase all it is is him still coming out, can you imagine the embarresment lol
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's probably not your water. Increased vaginal discharge is very common late pregnacy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• its not like disgharge.its clear n wet. ill just wait n see what happens.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010