did it take anyone elses husband to catch on after having kids that HE is the one that fills YOUR stocking?? lol..

my hubby and i have 3 children.. one is "ours together" and we've only had one Christmas under the same roof so far... last christmas my stocking was empty. not a darn thing in it until my 4 yr old filled it w/ all her toys so i would have something to "open" (: so sweet... my husband buys me really expensive christmas things.. always name brand something.. last year i got Coach shoes & a bag & tons of clothes.. this year he's already gotten me another Coach bag & wont stop asking me what i want for Christmas.. I keep telling him id rather him get me something w/o me knowing & that it doesnt have to cost a lot of money... he always gets me good gifts.. but none of the meaningful ones... growing up, stocking stuffers were always my favorite.. & i feel like this will be year two of an empty stocking...I wish my hubby could at least get the girls to color me a picture, i would love that!!.. good thing my mama still makes one for me!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 7:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• You aren't alone! Mama makes one for me still too!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't even hang one up for me or my husband.
    Growing up my parents didn't give each other stockings, just gifts, so that's the norm here.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Why don't you tell him you want stocking stuffers? Men don't always realize things esp if that isn't how he grew up. Just tell him that you want him to give you stocking stuffers and what type of things you would like.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 7:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I fill all the stockings... mine included. The year I told dh he had to do it he spent about 4x as much as I would have and bought only two things... :p

I would rather just do it myself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I always am telling him I love HANDMADE things from my girls for birthdays, stocking stuffers & so on.. he's just a big dork & must forget(: we'll see if he does it this year though!! Ive had a year to sink it in his head so hopefully!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My dh is the same way and this is our 5th Christmas together. He does get me an ornament and PJ's. But nothing else and he only dies tgat bc my mom made him feel bad onw year. He juat doesn't get it. Every year he says he feels bad cause he didn't get me as much as I got him.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• To me the best part of Christams is the stocking stuffers and my husband knows that. You have to tell men what you want. They don't take hints and they don't read minds.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'm single and this year my five year old realized there wasn't anything in my stocking and I went in the living room last night and found it filled. If a five year old boy can figure it out a man should be able to lol. Seriously though you're just going to have to tell him or hint to your kids that you'd like a drawing from them in your stocking.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lol Mine's always empty.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My husband always fills my stocking. Growing up my mother always filled her own stocking. When I got older and realized that I would get her a few things to put in as a surprise.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010