Splitting up time..

My daughter cries everytime I try and put her down, which I understand is normal, but the thing is I'm due with twins in Feb, and i can't help but wonder how she'll cope once they're born. Anyone got any suggestions on how I'll be able to split my time up then? thanks.

peytonrye

Asked by peytonrye at 8:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG! Sounds like you need to grow a few more arms! :-) JK. I only have one right now and don't have any advice other than get a snuggli, so you can wear which ever one is neediest at the moment. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• How old is she? Make sure she has her own baby (or two!) that she can hold, too, and ask her to help you...get you diapers, blankets, etc. When she sees she can also help she might be less likely to be as jealous.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 8:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She's only 8 months, but by the time they're born she'll be almost a year old. So still quite little, I didn't plan on having kids this close together it was just an accident, but seriously I'm panicking about having 3 soon. One newborn was hard enough..
    peytonrye

Answer by peytonrye at 8:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My boys are only 12 months apart and towards the end of my pregnancy my baby was the same way. Give her as much attention as you can now. Make it a special time for her and talk to her about the babies in you belly. I would go to the store and buy her two new dolls that can represent the twins and show her how to be gentle with the babies. There will be some jealously when the twins are born but she is not old enough to totally understand so it won't be so bad. You can do it! Make sure to spend special time with her when the twins are born so she knows that she is not being replaced. Find family and friends that can take the twins for an hour so you can go to get ice cream or something like that. Good Luck and Congratulations!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008