Is there a famous saying you remember from childhood?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh fun....my dad always starts a conversation by saying, "to make a short story long".....cracks me up everytime!
    cosmogal_7

Answer by cosmogal_7 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• "do you want me to give you something to cry about?"
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My Nana always says "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ....''that and a token will get you a ride on the bus''.

" if I've told you once, ....I've told you a thousand times!"

''never mind saying you're sorry, just DON'T DO IT ---AGAIN!"

'' don't look at me in that tone of voice''
    Anonymous

• "Wrong is wrong even if everybody's doing it. Right is right even if nobody's doing it."
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• "I'm not here to entertain you" was one my mom used to say to us four girls all the time. "Mom, I'm bored" and without fail she'd tell us "I'm not here to entertain you." It always irritated us, because we didn't know what to do already .. we didn't want to be told that. Ha!

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Don't make me come over there and smack you.........yup, like I'd want them to.........lol
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ooooooo @mama2my2boys...... my dad used to say that all the time!
    my mom used to say 'no shit sherlock' if someone was saying something obvious. another famous one from her was 'thanks repeater reporter' if you're telling her something she just told you 2 seconds ago lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The one saying that I remember is eat that there are children in china starving!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You said famous sayings, there is a common idiom that my dad used to always use; fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. If you want something the jerk always said to us, that would have to be; don't you a pronoun before a noun.

My favorite example of this is one Thanksgiving. I think I was 8 or 9. We were at my oldest brother's house. My dad was cooking the turkey, it was now about 9pm, the turkey had been in the oven all day. We were starving and tired. My dad had just opened the oven and looked at the bird. My oldest brother says, "Is it done?" My dad looks at him with a serious face and says, "Is what done? Don't use a pronoun before you use a noun." My brother says, "Turkey, is it done?" My dad says, "No it its not done, and don't call me a turkey." My brothers and I fell on the floor laughing. My dad looked at like we were crazy. I can still say turkey and get my brothers laughing.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 9:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010