Does anyone else have trouble with self-control over giving gifts?

So, I never want any of my presents early, but I can hardly stand waiting to give others their gifts! My parents just came over for dinner, and despite them telling me not to, I pretty much gave them everything that was in the stockings I made them (yes, I've decided to make everyone stockings in addition to their other gifts, lol). Now, I'm going to have to go out and buy more stocking stuffers, haha! I have no self-control. If they had let me, I probably would have given them everything I've bought them so far! :)

And if my husband says one more thing about needing a new wallet or sweatpants, I think I'll rip open what I've gotten him so far and throw it at him, lol! I can't take it! The excitement is too much! I'm like a kid!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• not really - though tonight i was tempted to dig out some of the stuff i bought for my kids today - their new pajamas! tomorrow i know i will be tempted to get out one of the new movies i bought too, but i will have to stay strong and not do it!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lol that is too funny. no, i'm the opposite. i like to give people vague clues about their gift. i never give good hints lol and i definately don't give out the presents early!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• no I am the opposite I rather wait till xmas day! I can't even let the kids open anything xmas eve because that will be one less on the big day!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I keep giving my son gifts. Its always stuff that he could really use now or that benefits me too (like a movie I want to watch with him) lol
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Oh yeah, and I've already given my son a set of blocks. My reasoning (to myself) was that he's too young to understand anyways and everyone will be giving him a ton of stuff, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• sometimes
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010