What in the world does the mucus plug look like??? adult content

I am 35 weeks along and have been having really bad menstrual cramps all day and every time I stand I have a lot of pressure down there...I tried to take a nap and woke up from all the discomfort and went to the bathroom when I wiped i saw this really thick mucus but everyone tells me it should have blood in it or look green my was really clear almost like if it was ewcm= egg white cervical mucus/ like when your ovulating but thicker

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Like a big ol' wad of snot. It can range in color, clear, whitish, yellowish, reddish, brownish.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Should I head out to the hospital since I have had cramping, and pressure all day and now this...or should I tough it out...I honestly do not know what contraction are or what they feel like I keep getting told that I will know but thats just it I am a first timer how am I suppose to know all I know is that I feel a lot of discomfort from the cramps and the pressure everytime I walk
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• if you can't feel the contractions if you're having them you can keep an eye on your belly and when it seems like it gets really hard but comes and goes that would be contractions. cause with my first i never really was able to feel any of my contractions.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 9:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• go to the doctor asap
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It is not a bad idea to call your doc and get advice from the doc on call tonight. Because you are only 35 weeks you have to be careful of preterm labor. Call the docs office. If you do not get an answer I would head to the hospital. If it is not labor, they will just send you home. It is better to be safe than sorry in this case.

I am saying this because of the pressure and cramping not the mucus plug.

Good luck! Keep me updated :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• okay thanks that sounds like an easy enough thing...I wish these things came with a manual some times lol
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Call your doc first and see what he says. :) No reason sit in a hospital room all night if not necessary. Drink a couple glasses of water, then go lay down on your left side. Put your hand on your belly and feel for any tightening/hardning of your belly. Thats a contraction. :) Look at the clock and make a note of the time. Wait for the next one. Note the time. If its just braxton hicks, the water and rest will make them lesson
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• well. you need to head to the hospital to ARE IN LABOR.........LOL! BUT U GOT TIME... MY PLUG. WAS CLEAR WITH MY SECOUND CHILD. GO NTO THE ER NOW. DONT SIT BACK ON THE THE TOILET.OR THE BABY MAY COME OUT...... SORRY IF I SCARED U.
    zahairah03

Answer by zahairah03 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Lessen. Not Lesson. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you lost your mucus plug, it wouldn't be a case to go to the hospital. If you are having cramping roughly six minutes about from each other you should go to the ER. If you have any other problems you should contact your doctor.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010