Any surrogant mothers out there??

I want to be a surrogant mother for someone, how do i go about doing it? For those that have how was the experience? Do you still see the child? Did they cover all medical cost? Also I just want to be a carrier, i don't want to donate my eggs...is this normal? Anyways any help ladies???

TatuMama07

Asked by TatuMama07 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Adoption

• I know there are groups on here regarding this subject. I'd suggest you join one of those groups and ask questions as then you'll be sure to find many women who have experience with this =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I know a woman who has been a surrogate mother twice. Gave birth to twins both times. I dont think she sees the kids much now. She just had it in her mind that they were NOT her kids and she was okay with that. She is such an amazing woman. I will ask her for some information. Also as the above poster stated there should be some groups on here about this subject. Best of luck to you!!
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 2:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• sometimes it doesnt work out so good. sometimes the parents say they will let a person have pictures and such but then they dont. kind of sad. i know there is a person on cafemom like that.
    Anonymous

• meaning to clairfy..there is a surro mom on cafemom who was promised pics & parents wont follow through.
    Anonymous

• I would like pictures but its their baby so i wouldn't be upset if they didn't. I just want to help someone, me knowing would be enough :) Thanks for the answers ladies...i found an agency close to home i'm talking to now!
    TatuMama07

Answer by TatuMama07 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You sound like an amazing woman and some family will be very thankful to you.
    tuttiepiemomma

Answer by tuttiepiemomma at 8:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008