What to pack in baby's first swim bag?

He is 10mo old and my husband is going to take him to father/son swim lessons at the YMCA. The baby has never been swimming before and has extermly dry skin. The pediatric gave the ok, but I am not sure what to pack.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I'd pack a swim diaper, plus a pair of trunks, a towel, a drink of some sort, and clothes for after. I'd give him a bath as soon as he gets home to get the chlorine off of him, then lotion him up. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My son has very dry skin and can get cracked very easily. And we swim all time. So what we do is pack lotion, his usual that is extra strength. I think we are using Eucerin right now. But we usually will try different ones to see which works well. What worked the best is actually hard to find. It was pure coco butter. That stuff is stinky and rubbery with out being in lotion. But it does work. More like putty in its consistency. Great stuff. But we put his lotion in his bag, swim flip flops for out of the pool, a very soft cushy fluffy towel to absorb the water better, and Cetaphil for the shower. He showers off immediately to rid the chlorine which is very drying. Towel off, then lotion from head to toe. Change of warm fluffy clothes to go over a very slippery greased up body.  We use lotion several times a day because his skin is so dry.  This helps rather than wait for bath time or swimming.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• well start off with the obvious things: a swim diaper,swim shorts,towel,diapers and wipes for afterwards,change of clothes,a drink and a snack........then when he gets home,bath him and make sure you put lotion on him.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010