Ok, here's my situation, and hopefully someone can help me out..I normally get my period around the 3rd or 4th of every month. I bled literally like a trickle of blood on the 3rd, and stopped. On the 3rd i had sex, since i didn't get my period. I thought i may have been pregnant from last month, but surely a test would've came up positive, but i have had all negatives. Does it sound like it just may have been too soon for anything to show up???

M8beprego

Asked by M8beprego at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You again...ok...you need to wait longer.
    Anonymous

• Here is the thing. You need to know how LONG your cycle is. Since each month has a varying amount of days, it won't always be on the 3rd or 4th of the month. Figure out from day 1 to day 1 of your period and subtract 12-16 days. That is the range in which you can ovulate. Once you ovulate, if the egg is fertilized, it will take up to 12 days for a pregnancy test to show an accurate reading.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• wait another week n if still nothing n still no positive then get to the docs something could be wrong
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• thanks for the advice, and yes, if this is the same anonymous that left some smart comments on my first question i asked a few day ago, butt out! obviously you have nothing better to do than criticize people, and you should get a hobby, oh and a life! and if you arent that anonymous person, sorry.
    M8beprego

Comment by M8beprego (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• How many times are you going to post this? Go to a doctor!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Seriously Musicmom, we are all adults, not children, and in my perspective, when you are an adult, you know how to treat people. By saying, How many times are you going to ask this, go to a doctor, happens to be a smart comment that tells me you dont know how to use manners, or that you simply dont posess them. For your info, i am going to the docotor, my appt happens to be in 3 weeks because they are backed up. I am just upset and worried about whats going on , and i am sure i am not the first/last person that will reword their questions to try to get all the advice they can. Thanks!
    M8beprego

Comment by M8beprego (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Wait a week and take another test if your period still hasn't started. If still negative, then you should see a doctor.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The thing is, none of us can tell you anything other than yes, no, or maybe. How is that helpful? The only sure way to get answer is to get a blood test done or wait and test again with HPT. Just wait till you see the doctor, or find a different doctor who doesn't have a 3 week wait.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Unfortunately...any questions on here that involve "could I be pregnant" or some variation of that are going to get smart remarks. That's kinda how this site works unfortunately. I see you're new, so I'm just filling you in.

Obviously you're realizing that it's possible you could be...I can't tell you if you are and/or if it was too early, but I will say that I know of people that didn't show positive for a while and others that did within a week. I'd go with the suggestion of wait a few more days, if not a week, and test again...by then you'd be 2wks late. If nothing shows up then, then obviously keep your doctor's appointment and see what's going on.

Good Luck!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Either call your doctor or wait a week or so.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010