My 20 month old has two blisters on his tongue what are they from?

lori3737

Asked by lori3737 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He probably ate something too hot.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I thought so too but he has one on each side of his tongue
    lori3737

Comment by lori3737 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Upset tummy? My girl had them a couple months ago.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• check the bottom of his feet and the palms of his hands and if you see similar blisters he could have hand foot mouth disease which is a very common and very treatable childhood disease and if he doesn't have matching blisters anywhere else but the ones on his tongue don't go away quickly then take him to the doctor on monday.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 10:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes watch for blisters on hand and feet...but my son had blisters all in his mouth prob a few days later after seeing the blister on his tounge like you described. He never got it on his hands and feet but they told me it was a diff strand of hand foot mouth. Good luck. If eating decreases any at all or cries when drinking you def have some form of hand foot mouth. My son couldn't eat for a week normal and I got it and it was the worst pain ever for me for the week that I had it. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010