my sister is taking xanax while she is pregnant n she is only 5 weeks im scared that my niece of nephew might come out deformed what should i tell her to make her quit?

avery424

Asked by avery424 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She needs to talk to her doctor. She shouldn't be taking anything without a doctor's approval while pregnant!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know Xanax is a no-no while pregnant and breastfeeding. I used to take it. I switched to Zoloft when pregnant as it's 'safer'.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You shouldn't be taking any medications with out talking to a doctor first.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell her you dont want a deformed niece/nephew & to cut it out.
    Anonymous

• Xanax is in pregnancy category D, meaning you should not take it. You shouldn't take it esp. in the first trimester!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• She might be expericing deepression during the prengancy or some other health problem that why the doctor is giving to her otherwise she could 'nt take it but any medcine is a risk. Good lluck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 11:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010